Friday 14 August 2015

14th AUGUST 2015 DARSH /MAUNI/HARIYALI AMAVASYA - SHRAVAN MAAS ARAMBH ( START )


Hariyali Amavasya 2015 - August 14 (Friday)

In Hindi, the word 'Amavasya' refers to a no-moon day and 'Hariyali' refers to greenery. Hariyali Amavasya is thus a festival which is celebrated on a no-moon day to welcome the month of monsoon. It is celebrated on the first Amavasya of Saavan which is the period of July-August as per the Hindu calendar. It is celebrated by people in Northern India especially in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh. The day corresponds with Ashada Amawas and Chaluka Amawas in different states.

Hariyali Amavasya Celebrations

On this auspicious day, people worship Lord Shiva. Their prayers are directed toward hoping for a fruitful monsoon season which will yield good agricultural produce. Shiva temples across the country arrange a special day for Shiva Darshan. In Mathura, devotees of Lord Krishna visit the Dwarkadish temple and offer prayers. In Vrindavan, people visit Banke Bihari temple to do the same. Here, the Phool Bangal Utsav ends on the day of Hariyali Amavasya. A mass ‘puja’ is organised in Jaipur too.
Hariyali Amavasya Puja

Hariyali Amavasya - Fairs

In Udaipur, the celebration includes setting up of a fair. This fair goes on for three days. Stalls of food, games, rides, clothes and jewellery are set up. The famous dish of Rabri Malpua is available in plentiful. Energetic vendors voice themselves out loud. The fair witnesses an atmosphere of fun and frolic. The fair attract people, young and all, not only from the town in which it is set up, but also tourists from all across the country like to visit it. This results in developing a platform of national integration.

Historically, it is believed that Maharana Fateh Singh, the architect of the famous Fatehpur Sagarwas, was the first to set up the fair. He observed that a lot of water of the Dewali pond was being wasted and hence converted it into a reservoir which was used to fulfil people’s needs.  On its completion, a fair was set up on the moonless night of the rainy season which began being celebrated as the Hariyali Amawas. Eventually, the fair was set up by the then ruling kings for the common people. What is amazing is that the tradition continues till date.
Fair in Rajasthan on Hariyali Amavasya
The fair is spread out from Saheliyonki Baari to Fatehsagar. Apart from the stalls, the fair is adorned with beautiful and colorful costumes, traditional music and dance. The marvelous combinations of these provide entertainment to everyone and they absolutely enjoy themselves. Even though both men and women are a part of this fair, the last day of the fair is usually reserved for women.

On this day, the men are not allowed to enter the fair. All the women pray for the prosperity of their families with all their heart. The Collector of Udaipur declares this as a holiday for schools and government offices. Not only this, schools and clubs also have cultural programs to commemorate this day. Ceremonies of tree plantation are held across places. A visit to this fair is a must-awaited affair.

Hariyali Amavasya Video

- See more at: http://www.festivalsofindia.in/Hariyali-Amavasya/Index.aspx#sthash.BIFRiZdf.dpuf

Mauni Amavasya | Mauna Amavasya

Amavasya of Magh Month, Chollangi Amavasya, Darsh Amavasya

Meaning of Mauni Amavasya

Mauni is derived from the Sanskrit word Mauna which means silence. A person who practices silence is known as a Mauni. Amavasya is the no moon day of the month.

When is Mauni Amvasya

Mauni Amavasya is observed on the No Moon day of the Magh month as per the Brihaspati Mana or North Indian Calendar. The Magh month for the year 2013 is the Paush month as per the Lunar calendar.

Legends of Mauni Amavasya

It is believed that the Manu Rishi had appeared on the Mauni Amavasya day.
It is also believed that it is on Mauni Amavasya that the world was created.

Significance of Mauni Amavasya

Agh is a Sanskrit word which means “Sin” and Ma + Agh is Magh means the one that can destroy or cleanse the sin. Therefore Magh is a month on which one can cleanse his sins. On the day of Mauni Amavasya the Sun and the Moon are present in the Zodiac sign of Capricorn which would give the highest spiritual merit.

Mauni Amavasya and Kumbh Mela

Mauni Amavasya is the most auspicious day of the Kumbh Mela and all the devotees would desire to take bath in the Sangam near Allahabad. The Triveni Sangam is the point where the three rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati would meet. These are belived to represent the three Nadis of the human body known as Ida, Pingala and Sushmna. A balance of these three would help to reach the state of Nirvana or Samadhi. To state this people are advised to take a dip in the holy Triveni Sangam.

Shahi Snan

The bathing on the below days is considered as Shahi Snan or the Royal Bath
The bathing on the Mauni Amavasya.
The bathing on Basanth Panchami
The bathing is special to the Akhadas hailing from Varanasi, Junagadh, Nasik and Ayodhya. Out of all the Akhadas only 13 are allowed for Shahi Snan in reverence to the role played by the Sadhus of  these Akhadas in fighting the invaders. The Akhadas would take a dip in the river according to a order of precedence that was prepared 200 years ago by the British empire.

Rituals on the day of Mauni Amavasya

Devotees would observe complete silence on Mauni Amavasya and would not speak.
Devotees would take a dip in the early hours of the day in the Triveni Sangam.
Devotees would try to meditate the whole day of Mauni Amavasya
Few devotees would observe a fast on Mauni Amavasya

Significance of Silence

Being silent without talking is the first step towards spirituality which would lead to the silence of the mind, where there would not be any thoughts. A silence mind is a peace mind which every Sadhak would try to achieve and called Samadhi.

Other Names Of Mauni Amavasya

Mauni Amavasya is famous with the name of Chollangi Amavasya in Andhra Pradesh.
Mauni Amavasya is also known as Darsh Amavasya in some parts of India.


2 comments:

  1. After being in relationship with him for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: drosedebamenspellhome@gmail.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CAN NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU SIR HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS:drosedebamenspellhome@gmail.com CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEM


    ReplyDelete
  2. After being in relationship with him for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: drosedebamenspellhome@gmail.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CAN NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU SIR HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS:drosedebamenspellhome@gmail.com CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEM


    ReplyDelete